PHA-Exchange> Stop-TB eForum Re-launched to Mark World TB Day

Claudio claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn
Wed Mar 24 19:03:57 PST 2004

> Stop-TB eForum Re-launched to Mark World TB Day
> 24th March, 2004
> HDN eForum Moderation Team
> **************************
>
> HDN is pleased to announce the re-launch of the Stop-TB eForum, to mark
World TB Day 2004.

> [To JOIN, send an email to: join-stop-tb at eforums.healthdev.org]
>
> "TB continues to ravage societies especially in underdeveloped countries.
It is tragic that this debilitating disease, so widespread that it is known
in every corner of the globe, has not been brought under control. The
problem is huge, medical authorities cannot overcome it alone. They need our
help, you can make the difference. I urge you to support the Stop TB
Partnership. Share the responsibility and share the reward of knowing you
are saving lives. I am living proof that TB can be beaten. Every breath does
count, so stop TB now and let people live!"

> Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Nobel Laureate
> (2nd Stop TB Partners Forum, March 2004)
>
> Over the next few days, the first postings on the re-launched forum will
provide on-site reports from the Stop-TB Partners Forum, taking place this
week in New Delhi, India. We shall then provide details of structured
discussions that are planned to take place on the forum in the coming
months.

> First launched in 2001 to support the Stop TB Partnership, the goals of
the Stop-TB eForum remain to:
>  - Expand discussions and public awareness around TB;
>  - Foster new partnerships between forum members and promote a
multidisciplinary approach to TB;
>  - Help raise and highlight local and national priority issues in the
context of TB;
>  - Bring the content and conclusions of major international, regional and
national conferences on TB to a far wider audience.

join-stop-tb at eforums.healthdev.org