PHA-Exchange> The Social Medicine Portal www.socialmedicine.org

Claudio aviva at netnam.vn
Thu Feb 19 19:58:16 PST 2004

From: Ruggiero, Mrs. Ana Lucia (WDC)
 EQUIDAD at LISTSERV.PAHO.ORG

Subject: [EQ] The Social Medicine Portal www.socialmedicine.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Andersonma at aol.com [mailto:Andersonma at aol.com]

We are writing to announce our new website:

The Social Medicine Portal: www.socialmedicine.org

This website is devoted to promoting the principles and practice of social medicine.  Our goal in developing this site is to put readers in touch with some of the diverse international resources available for health activists and those interested in the interactions between health and society.

The site contains many links, as well as a few documents and presentations.

The material is divided into the following pages

New to Social Medicine (an introduction)

Materials for students

Health Activism

Social medicine A to Z

Learning more about social medicine

Community Health

Latin American Social Medicine

We are just starting to post materials and would be happy to include materials that you might think are germane.

We hope you will find our site useful and would appreciate any comments.

Matt Anderson, Department of Family and Social Medicine

Albert Einstein College of Medicine