PHA-Exchange> ORT ready made packets

Claudio aviva at netnam.vn
Wed Oct 1 03:16:37 PDT 2003

From: sunil.deepak at aifo.it

Dear all,

Recently I was in India and I saw advertisements on the television promoting the use of ready-made oral rehydration therapy packets. I hope that PHM in India and other activist groups can involve the media to promote home-made ORT for rural and isolated areas and for poor groups.

I have also heard that in Nepal, NGO have been asked to not to talk about home-made ORT and should promote only ready-made ORT solutions. Can any one confirm this? What are the feelings of PHM Nepal regarding this?

I also wonder about the situation regarding ORT from other countries. Is there need for coming up with a PHM statement or press-release about the subject?

With best wishes,

Sunil

Dr. Sunil Deepak
AIFO, Bologna, Italy