PHA-Exchange> Free medical e-books

George Lessard (s) media at web.net
Sun Sep 21 04:42:24 PDT 2003

> Begin forwarded message:

From: sara at eurekah.com
Date: Wed Sep 17, 2003  5:29:32  AM Canada/Eastern
To: hif-net at who.int
Subject: [HIF-net at WHO] Free medical e-books [2]

We are Landes Bioscience, a biomedical and bioscience publisher in
Austin,
Texas, USA.

Three electronic biomedical and bioscience information resources are
available to libraries and hospitals in the developing world without
charge.

* Medical handbooks. Currently, we have 40 medical handbooks published.
Pdfs
of these titles are  available. Handbooks can be read online, and
printed
and distributed to faculty and students. New titles will be added and
existing titles are updated on an ongoing basis.

http://www.landesbioscience.com/handbooks

* Eurekah Bioscience Database. We publish bioscience and biomedicine
research books. There are more than 1200 chapters from 100 recently
published books posted at Eurekah, and new chapters are added every
week.
The chapters can be also be printed and distributed.

http://www.eurekah.com

* Journals. We publish two journals and are adding three new journals in
2004.

http://www.landesbioscience.com/journals

Your medical library or hospital can access all three resources: medical
handbooks, Eurekah bioscience book chapters and journals, at no cost.

Resource access is by IP range of your institution. To sign up please
send
me, Sara Lord [sara at eurekah.com], the following information:

* Institution name and location
* Name of contact person
* Email of contact person
* IP range of your computer system

We are very interested in providing these electronic resources to
students,
faculty, nurses and physicians in the developing world. Our long-term
goals
are to (1) translate the medical handbooks into Spanish and French, and
(2)
make the medical handbooks available for use on Personal Digital
Assistants
[PDAs].

If you have any questions or are interested in our resources, please do
not
hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,
Sara

Sara Lord
Resource Coordinator
Landes Bioscience
810 S. Church St.
Georgetown, Texas 78626
ph:  512.863.7762
fax: 512.863.0081
sara at eurekah.com

'HIF-net at WHO': working together to improve access to reliable
information for healthcare workers and health professionals in
developing and transitional countries.  Send list messages to
<hif-net at who.int>. To join the list, send an email to
<health at inasp.info> with name, organization, country, and brief
description of professional interests.