PHA-Exchange> PHM media team needs your help

Claudio aviva at netnam.vn
Sun Aug 24 02:29:53 PDT 2003

From: UNNIKRISHNAN PV (Dr) [mailto:unnikru at yahoo.com]
Subject: PHM media team needs your help- (1) to compile facts, figures, statistics and data (2) media facilitation work

Dear friends in PHM

  This mail is to seek your support for two things:

  1) To make PHM press releases more updated and 'hard hitting', media team is putting together few facts sheets that will have updated and useful (read "chilling") facts and figures. In press releases, facts and figures will speak louder than words and slogans !

  We would like each one of you to send us atleast one fact/ figure (before or in 1978 and 2002/ 2003) that is relevant to the work you are doing. It may be about your country or international. Please give us the source .

  For example, we hope someone from Philippines will give us a one-line response that will state :

  1)Per Capita health expenditure in Philippines: 1978 (xxxxxxxxxxxx): Source: ?????/ UNDP
                                                                      2002/ 2003 (xxxxxxx????): Source

  If possible, please give us the contrast with any other data.For example,

  During the same period, the military expenditure in Philippines : 1978 (xxxxxxxxxxxx): Source: UNDP
                                                                              2002/ 2003 (xxxxxxx????): Source

  Please note that the facts and figures you provide will be used for PHM press releases, so please ensure the authenticity and accuracy. We will NOT be able to use any data if you donot source it. We will create a link on the PHM website (click "vital statistix" ) and upload the same when we have atleast 50 such useful data. (Please limit your response in one or two lines. Please do NOT send us long papers).

  Volunteers are most welcome. We hope  researchers/statisticians/ others will join us.

  2) We are developing a list of people who could help to disseminate PHM media messages in their respective countries/ region/ locality. If you would like to be part of this team, please send
      (a) your name and contact details, including phone, fax etc.
      (b) the country/ places you would be able to focus. Kindly indicate whether you could take responsibility to translate press             releases to your local language ?

  We hope you will hit the 'reply' button straightaway and respond !

  Activities related to '25 years of Alma Ata' sounds very promising. Messages from all of over indicate that there are several events that will be organised locally, nationally and internationally. PHM media team suggests that we use these events to profile PHM in the media. PHM media team (of volunteers) will provide all possible off-site support. We will also put efforts to get international media coverage for these events.

  Looking forward to your co-operation and solidarity. Please mark a copy of your reply to : phmsec at touchtelindia.net

  for PHM media team

  Unni

   unnikru at yahoo.com

  30,000 children will die in the next 24 hours from preventable diseases.
  Click www.TheMillionSignatureCampaign.org  , to join a campaign that demands HEALTH FOR ALL NOW !