PHA-Exchange> More Coca Cola CONTROVERSY

claudio aviva at netnam.vn
Thu Jul 31 04:49:39 PDT 2003

From: <sunil.deepak at aifo.it>

Prompted by the mail on Cocacola's toxic fertilser , I have thought of
sharing with you all the summary translation of another email message I saw
in the Italian social forum mailing list about Cocacola Boycott campaign in
Colombia. Best wishes, Sunil

The Coke boycott campaign promoted by Colombian workers union SINALTRAINAL
(union of persons working in Coke and Nestle bottling plants in Colombia) is
launched officially on 22 July 2003. Cocacola has been accused of violation
of human rights because of its repressive policies against workers and their
union. SINANTRAINAL has deposited an appeal at the tribunal of Atlanta (USA)
for official incrimination of Cocacola according to an old law of USA
congress (called A.C.T.A.) and on 31 March 2003, judge Jose E. Martinez of
the federal court of Atlanta has accepted to start penal procedures for
violation of human rights committed by para-military forces on behalf of
bottling companies of Colombian Cocacola, as the documents presented for the
appeal were judged to be sufficient to start the proceedings.