PHA-Exchange> Jijibisha - Journal of PSRN and Schedule for Hiroshima and Nagasaki Day, August 6, 2003.

Mathura P Shrestha mathura at healthnet.org.np
Fri Jul 25 23:07:59 PDT 2003

Dear John and All

We are not able to publish Jijibisha in the month of scheduled July mainly due to a lack of good articles and to some extent of the fund. Please write
one article or send one good article by you or other friend(s). We also accept reprint with formal permission. We now plan to bring the journal on October. The them of the Journal will be Environment, peace and human health. We also attach herewith a tentative program on the eve of Hiroshima and Nagasaki Day on August 6, 2003.

Event: Hiroshima and Nagasaki Day on August 6, 2003 (As decided by PSRN meetings of July 24 and 26, 2003)

Tentative Program:

16.00 Hrs.     All the participants will gather In front of Ratna Park (in Democracy Avenue), Katmandu. All are invited and requested to be punctual. A silent                     demonstration accompanied by music band on the theme of peace and against war or armed conflict, various posters, placards and banners                     depicting peace will proceed from the Democracy Avenue (Ratna Park), Bhotahiti, Asan, Indrachowk and Basantapur.

16.30 Hrs.    Arrival in Basantapur where Painting competition among street children and exhibition of these paintings, other posters on Hiroshima bombings,                     and peace materials (books etc.) would already have taken place with the participation of CIWN and other Human Rights Organization along                         with PSRN.

16.30 - 18.00.    Recital of peace poems by health professionals cum poets, eminent Nepali poets. Poets form other countries are welcome.

18.30.                Program concludes.

Affiliates of PSRN in District Headquarters will develop and implement their own programs. Kindly report on the programs and events to the program coordinator, Dr. Arun Dixit.

With regards,

Mathura P. Shrestha.