PHA-Exchange> Million Signature web Campaign??? SOME IMPORTANT PERTINENT QUESTIONS

PHM Secretariat phmsec at touchtelindia.net
Wed Jun 18 07:02:15 PDT 2003

Dear PHM friends,

Greetings from the PHM secretariat(Global) at CHC Bangalore, India!!!

It has been nearly 6 months since we launched the million signature campaign during Asia Social Forum in January. When we did a review of the same recently it was found that the numer of people who have endorsed and signed in has still not reached where we had set out to reach. Some of you might have been caught up with your work and not given this attention. At this point of time, the following questions need to be answered.

1. Have I signed in ( I might not have as yet found time to do so)?

2. Have I told the other colleagues in my organisation to sign the same?

3. Have I told the people / friends with whom I am closely in touch with and who know the sort of work I am doing?

4. Have I told all the people in my address book?

5. Have I sent it to all the discussion groups (yahoo groups) / list servers of which I am part of?

6. Have I put it as a digital signature in my personal / official email addresses for others to make a note of it?

7. What has been done at my regional level to get an endorsement from all the organisations/networks to sign the same?

8. Has there been a promotion of the Alma Ata anniversary year in my regional circle to promote the same and also to get the signatures?

9. Does the website of my organisation/network tell something about this and provide a link to the Million signature website? Also has it been mentioned in your organisational / network bulletin/ journal/ newsletter?

10. Has my organisation/network/country/regional circle translated into the local language ( a recent example has been the launch of the Italian website) for it to reach the local people? If you need further help on this contact Dr. Unnikrishnan on this (unnikru at yahoo.com)

11. Has enough efforts been made from our organisation/network/country/regional circle to take the hardcopy ( print out) and then reach the digitally marginalised (e-marginalised , those who do not have Internet access) ?

If answers to even one of these questions is a "NO" then it is time to act!! Please take respective actions and help in the growing of the movement. Also for people whom you are sending, sending a brief note about the People's Health Movement and the website www.phmovement.org also might do wonders for the movement.

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS TO INCREASE THE OUTREACH IS ALSO MOST WELCOME

In solidarity,

Prasanna
Communications officer, People's Health Movement Secretariat(global)
CHC-Bangalore
#367 "Srinivasa Nilaya"
Jakkasandra 1st Main, I Block Koramangala
Bangalore-560034
Join the "Health for all, NOW" campaign in the 25th anniversary year of the Alma Ata
declaration visit www.TheMillionSignatureCampaign.org

P.S.: Some of you people might receive this mail more than once as you might be part of more than one group. So please excuse us and delete the extra mails.