PHA-Exchange> Don't forget the signature campaign! (2)

claudio aviva at netnam.vn
Thu Apr 24 23:05:24 PDT 2003

From: <Acwlepalis at aol.com>

> Dear Ravi,
> Thanks for your reminder. The Campaign needs to pick up speed.  Bush's
invasion of Iraq caused a bir of confusion to say the least.

> Here in Brasil the Campaign has been moving forward with excellent
response, hundreds have already signed and more keep pouring in.

> How?
> The vast majority of people, especially those affected by the domination
of Banks and Multinationals, DO NOT HAVE COMPUTERS.
> Our Peoples'Health Movement is promoting HEARING THE VOICES OF THE
UNHEARD.
> So, here in Brasil, we have created pamphlets explaining the campaign,
adding a slip for signatures, and enclosing a copy of the Declaration of
Alma-Ata.
> All of these are presented in assemblies, local and regional meetings and
individually among poor communities, etc. Thus signatures are coming from
hundres of grassroots folk.

> Perhaps sugesting this idea to others, PHM members can create a method
particular to their own cultures and country that will result in reaching
our global objective.

> Do you have copies of the entire list?
>
> Again, thank you for all you are doing.

Ani,