PHA-Exchange> PHM coverage in the european media

UNNIKRISHNAN PV (Dr) unnikru at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 25 21:08:41 PST 2003

Dear Sunil and friends in Italy/ Europe (and others in the PHM network)

Greetings from the WSF media centre !

PHM has generated media attention here- with couple of TV interviews (including the national news and a 12- minutes live discussion).

We also have generated half- page coverage on the back page in the official newsletter " terraviva" today.To read the story, please  click the following link. Also few hundreds of people have been signing the         www.TheMillionSigantureCampaign.org . The Spanish version of the site was launched on the final day of the Health Forum (Jan 22nd).

Expect a joint statement (by PHM and the organisers of the health forum) on Iraq by today evening.

I am sitting next to an Italian journalist, right now. She confirms that she has filed couple of stories (with PHM coverage) for www.liberazione.it . La Republica and Il manifesto also carried stories, I was told ( I am not sure). Please check this out and send a soft copy.

Regards and best wishes from the land of samba, soccer and social forum!

Unni

Dr. Unnikrishnan PV (local mobile in Porto alegre during the WSF -3 : +55 51 811 6082)