PHA-Exchange> Link-up on WHO DG

Lynette Martin lmartin at uwc.ac.za
Thu Jan 16 22:52:41 PST 2003

Dear All,

Andy Chetley has sent out a mail advising of a link-up (electronic and video in some countries) on Sunday evening. Candidates for the WHO DG post will make statements and be available for questions. I think that I have been informed of this because I and a colleague, Mickey Chopra, wrote a short piece for The Lancet (Jan.11) on key issues for the incoming WHO leadership.
I am not sure how open the scheduled debate is (Andy, can you shed light on this?) but should PHM/IPHC/Medact/WEMOS intervene in this?
It would be useful if Andy could reply to both the PHA and IPHC lists. PLease copy responses to my home email which I will read on the weekend- fawcus at mweb.co.za
Thanks,
David Sanders.

Prof David Sanders/Lynette Martin