PHA-Exchange> UN Resolution

Mathura P Shrestha mathura at healthnet.org.np
Fri Nov 8 19:29:08 PST 2002

Dear All
With new UN resolution the threat of war remains as possible as ever. Some
people are already talking of 'New Third World War' or 'New kind of war'.
War rhetoric and threats are the worst kinds of pinches in the hearts and
minds of people as these rob peace and freedom from them and make them
subject to compulsions of  inhuman dimensions. I hope that those responsible
to make decisions on aggression will have senses and the war will never
happen. But as the war affects all of us directly or indirectly to prevent
war is also the problem of us all. We need to have solidarity to prevent it
and I think that we all can act to prevent it. If nation states are not
responsible the people in streets should take up the responsibility to
prevent war by organized voices and demonstrations.

With regards,
Mathura P. Shrestha
President, Physicians for Social Responsibility, Nepal (PSRN).