PHA-Exchange> Good news from a meeting in China

Aviva aviva at netnam.vn
Tue Oct 22 05:16:46 PDT 2002

Dear list colleagues,
Mohan Rao and myself just attended the 6th Asia Pacific Social Science and
Medicine Conference in Kunming, China.  We were able to present facts about
PHM in a parallell session, put up posters in the coffee break area and
distributed 100 copies of the Charter. We added 12 new members to
pha-exchange and more may still write to us.
The next (7th) meeting will be in 2004 in Hanoi (home to me).  Mohan and I
proposed to the Steering Committee a theme for this upcoming meeting with
the title:
"Health for All 25 years later: What went wrong and what still needs to be
done".
It was approved!!  So this gives PHM Asia members an excellent chance to
contribute papers and attend this conference even if it will be a yr after
the 25th anniversary; we could use it as a follow-up for things we will try
to set up next yr.

Every little bit helps...

Best wishes,
Claudio