PHA-Exchange> UNICEF and McDonald's

GK gk at citechco.net
Sun Oct 13 19:50:22 PDT 2002

Dear Friends,

Wonderful example of UN-Private Partnership.Some of UN organisations are
totally purchased or penetrated by TNCs. Food related TNCs which are
responsible for ill-health some of which are already mentioned in the
article and exploitation of migrant workers and third world students
studying in developed countries.

I suggest,WABA,HAI,PHA , Consumers International, IPHC and pro people
organisations should jointly raise the the issue of unethical alliance
between UNICEF and McDonald with Ms.Carol Bellamy. If the issue is not
resolve amicably then we have to consider boycotting of both UNICEF and
McDonald food chains the way boycott against Nestle was launched in 80's
and 90's

I am very much disturbed with recent events including this one.One big
country wants to attack another small country with alibi as mentioned in
Aesop's fable in the story of tiger and a calf. Now what is the matter with
Unicef that the UN agency has to enter into an agreement with a food chain
which almost tentamount to a criminal act .

Best wishes,
Zafrullah Chowdhury