PHA-Exchange> New PHM circle on health research JOIN

Aviva aviva at netnam.vn
Tue Aug 13 09:16:10 PDT 2002

During the WHA it was proposed to initiate a "circle" on research. David
Sanders was asked to organize it. A number of people in Geneva indicated an
interest in being involved in this circle.
We are hereby sending out a "call" for PHM colleagues to indicate whether
they are interested in being part of such a circle. You should David S know.
When/if we have sufficient interest we can develop some kind of structure
for this circle.

During the WHA PHM was approached by the Global Forum for Health Research
(GFHR) and a number of us were invited to participate in their Forum, which
will take place in Tanzania in November. Several people associated with PHM
will make presentations of research involving Civil Society organisations
and focusing on some of the key themes of the PHM (equity, globalisation,
etc.)

The GFHR Forum may be of interest to others associated with PHM. Their
website is: http://www.globalforumhealth.org. We encourage people to visit
the website and also to register for the meeting if they are in a position
to attend.

You can get in touch with David Sanders at
lmartin at uwc.ac.za