PHA-Exchange> Impact of Media & Communication in Public Health and Biotechnology

George(s) Lessard media at web.net
Sat May 11 09:34:58 PDT 2002

Reply to:
Tea Vuku i Rukavina, MD
Andrija tampar School of Public Health
Rockefellerova 4
10 000 Zagreb
Croatia
phone:+385 1 4590 169
fax: +385 1 4684 406
e-mail: tvukusic at snz.hr
Dear all,

My name is Tea Vukusic Rukavina, I'm fellow researcher at the Andrija Stampar
School of Public Health, Department of Medical Sociology and Health Economics,
Zagreb, Croatia.

I also work asan executive director of the 5th International Conference
"Health Insurance in Transition", 26-28 September 2002, Zagreb, organized by
Andrija Stampar School of Public Health, Zagreb, Croatia, London School of
Economics and London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.

4th International Conference "Health Insurance in Transition" gathered 450
participants from 47 countries all over the world (report is in the
attachment).

One of the modules in Conference 2002 is Impact of Media and Communication in
Public Health and Biotechnology. Since you reperesentMedia & HealthGroup, we
think you might be interested in participating at our Conference.

We would like to strengthen collaboration between media and health care
professionals and present basic PR's skills to health care officials, decision
makers and researchers.
Public relations are important for successful research. This module is designed
also for young journalists who are writing about science and for young
researchers who would like to have some basic PR skills. It is important to
bring together journalists and researchers, because their close cooperation
will produce adequate and true and up to date information to general public.
Researchers should know that without good public promotion of their work their
funding prospects will be severely damaged, but they should also know that
journalists are here also to scrutinize their work which should always be of
benefit to their communities.
[snipped] you'll find [snipped] preliminary program of this module and 2002
conference, [snipped] at our web site www.dub-conference.org
Sincerely,
Tea Vuku i Rukavina
e-mail: tvukusic at snz.hr
------- End of forwarded message ---------
  :-) Message ends, Signature begins (-:
  George Lessard, living @ 61.10N 94.05W
Comments should be sent to media at _no_spam_web.net
[Remove _no_spam_ from addresses to e-mail]
"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly
find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot...
"If you think you are too small to make a difference,
try sleeping in a closed room with a mosquito..." African Proverb
ICQ # 8501081
MediaMentor Weblog
http://www.eGroups.com/list/mediamentor
Homepages http://media002.tripod.com