PHA-Exchange> from David Werner

aviva aviva at netnam.vn
Fri May 3 13:20:17 PDT 2002

-----------------

I am delighted that the People's Health Movement is taking part in the
2002
World Health Assembly. I view this as an important step forward in
terms of
the potential for giving the Earth's disadvantaged majority a voice in
the
macro-level policies and decisions that affect their health and lives. I
hope this is the beginning of a larger process in which high-level
decision
makers begin to put the basic needs of the people and the planet before
the
short-sighted "development" goals that temporarily benefit the
prosperous
and powerful at crushing human and environmental costs.

Toward a healthier and more civilized global community!

David Werner
Member and Co-founder of the International People's Health Council
Director, HealthWrights (Workgroup for People's Health and Rights)
healthwrights at igc.org
www.healthwrights.org