PHA-Exchange> Message from Ravi

aviva aviva at netnam.vn
Fri Apr 26 08:41:39 PDT 2002

Dear Fellow Panelists for the 17th May WHO-CSI Technical Briefing on
People's Health Charter :

By now you must have all received the formal invitation to our
presentation of the 'People's Health Charter' and 'what has happened in
different parts of the world after PHA in December 2000. This is just
ensure that there is clarity on the role and scope of the meeting.

1.    There will be 5 panelists (Zafarullah, Mwajuma, Ellen, Sr. Ani,
and myself). We have totally 30-35 minutes together in a 60 minute
briefing session.

2.    As od now the plan is that Zafarullah and I will present a
briefing on PHA and the Charter. It is a CD - Power Point presentation
that incorporates along with photographs and book covers the background
till the evolution of PHA/PHM.  It should take us 15 minutes.

3.    The three others are not just representating three regions but
are
sharing between them, key news from all parts of the world of
initiatives, events, campaigns after the Savar meeting (see PHA
Exchange
postings- perhaps Claudio could also help with a check list*). This will
be informal but we have to keep strict control of time. The main
purpose
of this sharing even though it will be only 5 minutes each is to
emphasize that PHM is alive and evolving. We have to focus on
activities, especially beyond meetings.

4.    The five of us will have time from 13th onwards to meet and
discuss further details. We are all staying at Mandat International .
Wecan make a presentation on the 16th to all our PHM friends at WCC as a
sort of rehearsel and get comments and suggestions. Looking forward to
the collaborative experience.

Best Wishes
Ravi Narayan
PHM - WHO/WHA Circle
*: Note from Claudio: I will not be coming to Gva.Sorry. The two pieces
I posted last week are more intended as handouts and press releases
rather than  for presentation in the briefing.