PHA-Exchange> Codeine cough mixture

natcof www.natcof at seychelles.net
Tue Feb 26 00:58:19 PST 2002

		18th February 2002.

Dear Kireen

Please find below some information regarding codeine cough Mixture in Seychelles.
Sorry for the delay but we had to do a little research.

Q1) is there a ban on the sale of codeine cough mixtures in my country?
 There is no ban on the sale of codeine cough mixture in Seychelles.

Q2) if no ban exists, how is the sale of codeine cough mixtures controlled?

 Codeine cough mixture is a pharmacy only medicine. Being a pharmacy only medicine it can only be stocked and sold by pharmacies, and not to or supermarkets. It can only be sold to the public by pharmacy staff.
A pharmacist owns a pharmacy and he/she is responsible for any activity in the pharmacy.

* Please note that the heath system has no abuse records of codeine cough mixture in Seychelles. This is most probably because people do not know about its abuse potential.

Francoise Dupres
The Executive Director
National consumers Forum